- This event has passed.
Training: Telemedicine Applications
July 20 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Hosting TRC: Southwest Telehealth Resource Center
This conference offers a more detailed approach for any telemedicine program, providing a more in-depth look at the clinical applications of a telehealth program. This conferences are excellent for individuals or groups who have some telehealth experience and are interested in expanding their services. It’s also a great course for those new to telehealth who are interested in understanding this growing industry.
- To provide ongoing training conferences for health care professionals.
- To improve public health in rural and urban communities by providing current information and training.
- To provide health care systems throughout the state with information, training, and expertise in the field of telemedicine.
All Faculty, CME Planning Committee Members, and CME Office Reviewers have disclosed that they have no financial relationships with commercial interests that would constitute a conflict of interest concerning this CME activity.
The University of Arizona College of Medicine – Tucson is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Arizona College of Medicine – Tucson designates this live activity for a maximum of 4.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Utilize telemedicine applications to provide healthcare services to remote patients.
- Create work plans for patients that will provide them the best and least expensive access to healthcare at a distance.
- Partner with telephysicians to create interdisciplinary teams.
- Determine clinical settings in which telehealth practice is applicable.
- Differentiate strengths and limitations to applying telemedicine in various clinical scenarios.
- Implement payment policies for reimbursement of telehealth services.
- Implement telehealth training for support staff, including nurses and PAs.